ResourcesEducational information for your flooring needs.
3 Common Vinyl Stains and Scratches, and How to Remove Them
If you have vinyl flooring in your home, chances are you will have to deal with an unwanted scratch or stain. No matter the culprit, it's important to know what to do so the noticeable mark doesn't become permanent. Below we have listed 3 common vinyl stains and scratches along with the best way to remove them with common household items.
1. Foods & Beverages
- Wipe all spills up quickly.
- Use neutral pH cleaner solution.
- White, soft bristle brush can be used on heavy deposits.
- User blue or white scrub pad, if needed.
2. Asphalt, Grease, Oil, Paint, Tar & Wax
- Carefully remove deposits with dull plastic putty knife.
- Use flooring stripper solution to clean residue from surface.
- Dried deposits may require a small amount of mineral spirits applied with a clean, white cloth. DO NOT pour mineral spirits directly on the surface of the vinyl.
- Rinse thoroughly with clean, wet cloths and neutral pH cleaner.
- Blue or white scrub pads can be used on residue.
3. Scuffs & Scratches
- Clean floor with stripper solution and use blue or white scrub pad if needed.
- Use a neutral pH cleaner to clean the floor and remove any residue.
- If floor is scratched, use of an after market finish may lessen the effect of the scratches. Only use finishes that are compatible with urethane coatings.
Do you need new flooring in your home? Contact us today! We offer a wide variety of durable vinyl flooring so you can clean accidents like these in a breeze.